Dr. Mohamed Abdelwahab Abdelfattah www.drabdelwahab.com

Friday 21 March 2008

(Message form El-Akhra)

(Message form El-Akhra)

(CD)

Listen

Produced at the Institute of Electro acoustics and Experimental Music in Vienna, 1995

"محمد عبدالوهاب عبدالفتاح"

Collage composition; and text performed, as if a message from El-Akhra(the other world).

Text by Dr. Abdelwahab Abdelfattah

Reciting the text, (speaker): Dr. Abdelwahab

“El-Akhra” means in Arabic (the other life after death), basically the Paradise.

Die Wunderzal” means in Germany (The Miracle Number).

Idea

In this composition the text like a protagonist. The text is the hero of the work, stays in the front of the sound creation. The music and sound effects support the drama-meaning of each word of the text. The title “Die Wunderzahl” is a symbol for the secret of our life and the mystery of the life after death.

Theme

A young who is still in care of their parents died, (male or female, but according to old Egyptian tradition, any died person should be always in other the life a male). This young resident in heaven sends a message “The Miracle Number” to his mother (particular father), to tell her in it he relates that he had been lucky to die early. He is surprised that his mother cries, instead, she should be happy fro him. From afar, he sees an immense number which is of greatest importance in the other life; it is the source of everything in universe.

The composer wrote about this composition the following:

“I wrote this text firstly in Arabic and after that translated into Germany. Believe it or not I dreamed of this text onetime in one night when I was I Vienna I was almost half sleeping. In that night I got several times to write some sentences of this text. Professor Dieter Kaufmann helped me to define some words to express exactly the meaning what I want. It is a very important t say that I did not mean to express any religious background in this composition. Although the” Miracle Number” does not express any personal meaning for me, it stands as a symbol for the connection between the physical and in-visual world, and for their effect upon reality.

The composer adds:” One more thing is a very astonished about this composition. After I finished this composition, my professor in that time Dieter kaumann told me that he loose his daughter when she was very young. He was very deep sad about her.He will never forget her. He feels that this text and this composition talks by chance about his died daughter. He is total impressed by this text and all the composition.Now after 14 years I decided to present this composition to him professor kauman.He was encouraging me to achieve this composition in the best way.For me too one of my lovely compositions, especially as I said I wrote this text when I was half sleeping”.

Listen
See Video
Link
See the Wunderzahl in Arabic

About Me

My photo
An Egyptian composer د.محمد عبدالوهاب عبدالفتاح www.drabdelwahab.com

Copyright